Medium Term Planning Customer Contact Center
One of Anago's clients is an international Sales & Service Centre within the aviation industry and provides services such as reservations, website support, Loyalty and other services. As subsidiary of a major Airliner, they assist direct clients and travel agents in 19 European countries in 11 different languages. Every year, the expected budget for required agents and skills required are planned at least eighteen months in advance.
State of Art
In order to prepare this budget as accurately as possible, the client used a spreadsheet application. This application grew tremendously with time, since it was necessary to add lots of detail to these budgets. However, the client was not able to report service levels on the desired level.
The use of spreadsheet technology led to the following weaknesses:
- The system often became strangled by the size and the relations between the numerous spreadsheets.
- The application produces one service level for the entire department, so that there could not be reported on target level.
- The allocation of employees and workflows does not happen automatically, resulting in a lot of manual work.
- It is error-sensitive and time consuming to add a new budget year, among others since formulas must be copied.
- The application was built on a monthly level, which does not link to the short term planning on a weekly level.
The Sales & Service Centre investigated the possibilities for a substitute system. From the investigation it seemed that there were no standard packages available that perfectly suited their needs. An implementation in the form of a programmed customized solution would take long and would reduce the flexibility. The advisor found the solution: software assemblage by Anago.
After a few workshops, the client's needs were addressed in a functional design. The design was discussed with other business associates to create greater capacity. Next, the feedback from this meeting was applied to the functional design.
A part of the functionality was part of the standard modules of Anago. The other functionalities were modelled according to the standard building blocks in Anago Assemble. The application comprises the following functions:
- Volume forecast based on linear regression
- Availability planning
- Medium term planning based on automatic skill assignment
By means of connections, data is read from other systems, including call data, e-mails, waiting lines and agent information. In the medium term planning, the required number of agents is automatically calculated per skill group, per week. The assignment is part of an advanced system, such that the small stream of calls is handled correctly. Vacancies can be identified, so the impact on service levels can be calculated for the following 78 weeks in the future.
In contrast to programmed customised systems, the Anago solution offers a number of required functionalities by default: export to Excel and PDF; data capturing, rotating and flipping tables; logging changes in data; backup; authorisation and connections to other systems.
The Anago application ensures that the expected service levels from the long-term planning connect with the service level requirements, so that reporting on the correct level can take place.
In addition to this, the use became more efficient compared to the original situation:
- The budgeting takes place eighteen months in advance instead of an extra budget year at one specific time per year;
- The application is linked to the data warehouse, which means manual copying of data is no longer required;
- The long-term planning could be compared to the short term planning, since this was converted to day- and week level.
Since users are also trained in using Anago Assemble, they are able to independently expand the application with financial applications.